- 11/19/2015: Bay News 9 - Campaign takes aim at greyhound racing, calls for more reporting
- 11/02/2015: Orlando Sentinel - Group wants Seminole to be ground zero for ending greyhound racing
- 10/23/2015: Miami Herald - Animal advocates: We'll take greyhound fight to voters
Help Pass The Greyhound Protection Act
In Seminole County, citizens have joined together in a grassroots campaign to protect greyhounds. The Greyhound Protection Act will:
- Ensure that greyhound injuries at Sanford Orlando Kennel Club are reported to the public.
- Require greyhound trainers to provide information on the fate of greyhounds that leave the track.
- Eliminate a special interest loophole that exempts racing greyhounds from County animal licensing and inspection laws.
Citizens have a right to know how many dogs are suffering injuries at local greyhound tracks, and this law will increase transparency.
The Greyhound Protection Act is endorsed by leading animal protection organizations and community leaders.
We are proud to have the support of: